The Tri-State Fire District was called at 10:47 PM on August 27, 2016 for an activated fire alarm at 8397 Mystic Trace, Darien. While companies were enroute to location dispatch advised that there was a fire in the attached garage. Companies arrived to find light smoke coming from the garage of a two-story multi-family building. The majority of fire was extinguished by the resident with a garden hose prior to fire department arrival . Fire companies completed extinguishment with water pump cans and performed overhaul and smoke evacuation. The cause of the fire was due to a malfunction of an electric scooter.