The Tri-State Fire District was called at 2100 hours on December 26, 2015 for a resident who came home to an apartment damaged by a fire. Companies arrived to find an apartment that had sustained heavy smoke damage due to a fire that had self-extinguished prior to occupant’s arrival back home. Crews did not need to take any further action. No injuries were reported. The fire is under investigation and is focused on an unattended candle. Tri-State crews were assisted by the Westmont Fire Department. No further information is available at this time.